Monday, October 04, 2010

Editors and Light bulbs

Because I'm still doing revisions (I would be done now if I'd written a 250 page book, but no, I just had to write one that was nearly 400 pages. When will I ever learn?)I thought I would tell an editor joke--but first, here are some writer jokes.

How many science fiction writers does it take to change a light bulb?

Two, but it's actually the same person doing it. He went back in time and met himself in the doorway and then the first one sat on the other one's shoulder so that they were able to reach it. Then a major time paradox occurred and the entire room, light bulb, changer and all was blown out of existence.

How many mystery writers does it take to change a light bulb?

Two. One to screw the bulb almost all the way in, and one to give a surprising twist at the end.

How many editors does it take to change a light bulb?

None. They just find the problems, they don't fix them.

6 comments:

Stephanie Black said...

Ha ha ha! I especially liked the mystery writer joke :) Good luck on your revisions!

Steelefamily said...

I wish they would let you have more pages. 400 sounds like much more fun then 250.

Sara B. Larson said...

Good luck with the (continuing) revisions. you'll be done... someday. :) Great jokes to pass the time, though! Ha ha!

Heather said...

Janette--

This doesn't really have to do with editors, but maybe it does. I was browsing at Amazon.com and saw a book that has nearly the same cover as My Fair Godmother! It is The Secret Keeper by Elizabeth Carroll. What's up with that?

Kersten said...

So funny! Thanks so much for the awesome classes you gave at the NW writer's retreat, Janette. I learned a lot from you! It was fun to see how sweet, caring, and generous you and all the other writers are! You do a great work! Thank you!

Julie Wright said...

LOL!!!!!